Monday, February 22, 2010

I am a Turkish so....


Dancing in Turkish style! Mainly, Most of us interested in dancing and sing a song in special way of course! We called this style 'çifte telli' , I can not translate it to English. In Our weddings and the other celebrations we always do this style of dance. Music rhythms, especially sounds of drums create our the other traditional dance called belly dance:) I missed my all friends. It was new year party and we really enjoyed the night. I want to dance with them in the possible short time again...:')




Turkish coffee and some figures on traditional plate shows our fortune:) That is not all true of course,Just drinking and chatting about it makes us relax and energitic. I really like to drink it so I am a Turk!








That's why we have a little umbilicus is that delicious meal! I am a Turk beacuse I usually prefer to eat it to something else. It is better for us, of course, with AYRAN :) Yoghurt with water and salt. At the same time we drink it cause of being a Turk as well...





Black tea... Smells like friendship with a lot of laugh. Talking with each others with a couple of tea is the most important think for us,in common. Breakfast,lunch time or whenever you want is the time to drink it. Tea is not only a drink for us, just to be together when we need it. I chat with my friends with tea in the traditional glass that's why I am a Turk;)


Kissing our relatives hands in speacial days(religius feast especially) is the most interesting heritage about Turkish people in my opinion. To show our respects and protect our tradition we do this behaviour because we are Turkish!

Another different traditional behaviour! Especially in feasts and speacial days(for instance before getting married there is a meeting with the other family members,cologne is used in this situation also) we use it that's why we are Turkish:) it makes you fresh as well,try it :)




Yeah! Gammon,we called it TAVLA! I am a Turk so I like playing this game with my friends. But do not forget to drink tea playing TAVLA;)



P.C:It is my own picture :)




2 comments:

  1. I like this post very much therefore it shows our traditional behaviours.Also the photos look wonderfull !! I congratulate you on the post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Seyhan for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete