Thursday, April 15, 2010

First week of my school experience







Most importantly part of erasmus from my point has started.Even we went school for just 4 days,I was influenced by school,teachers and children.Always they sing in the morning for 15 minutes in a big holl.There were 4-5-6 classes together and they were in great harmony when they were singing!Teachers could keep the silence easily.I learned from our guide teacher that it is not the same implementation with the other schools.It depends on the association that includes parents and teachers who are responsible for decisions about the pupils.Now they have an idea that watching the news before lessons and try to make comments and talk about solutions about some disasters.In my opinion,iı would be useful for them in daily life.Great idea;)Book commercial was so effectual,teacher explained what they are and, as far as I can understand ,talked about the summaries.They were new books in their library...
She always starts lessons by writing roughly plan on the board.Their books which have chosen by the teacher have lots of stories about daily math.It means not only division and multiplication on the paper are important to be good at math but also adapting and relating to daily life are important,more important actually...They think that you can find a calculator to find the result of examples in everywhere but unless you know where you use this result or why you solved the problem, it wont work anymore.That is true!

Sometimes they were being tested while they supposed that they were in a competition with lotf of fun.It was the other side of Danish educational system.Colourfull classes,as much as possible qualified materials,Games about subjects,Stories about Math,Combining with related subjects(for example math and science) and etc...You are being educated when you are learning how can I learn to learn ;)

I met a girl who is really clever and able to speak English,as well.She just started to draw her hands by the real sculpture--)her hands! Spontaneous cue explained that right lobe of brain is more active than left one.Thus creativeness,skills on painting,drawing,sculpture,writing,reading are more improved than the other subjects as I could realize in Denmark.

Biology time!It is usual to relate two subjects and put together to combine with previous known knowledge and will be learned knowledge.Microscopes are more less 10 out of the cabinet for 2 by 2 group working.Communication and axchange of information are in every lesson!It is not related being social or numeric lesson.

How can I guess that I gather from spaghetti to division,multiplication about decimal!Afterwards instead of eating spaghetti,How can I except that I will create a new design of spaghetti castle or whatever you imagine.Still it is continuing with presentation.It was my best experience about this school! I got the point to put into practice!

One of my opinions about Danish educational system is not only from memories even they have to find the result of 7*8.I asked two pupils the question,they started to write all numbers goes the result!7-14-21-28-35-42-49-56! The way of multiplication is also different then we do in Turkey.We dont need to write all numbers,it makes us slow to solve all examples that are compulsory to pass exams.

Teacher is excellent!She knows their learning way and when they start to be bored.Patience,trust,responsibility between pupils and teacher and parents!She cooked a cake with bonbons to serve all class beacuse they have 4 lessons together and it is a bit intensive for them.Great way to relax!

To sum up,whereever you are,experiences make you more than you are!During the week I found myself in my chaotic thoughts while comparing all details and surfaces about educational system.Perfect decision for me to become a Mathematic teacher !

No comments:

Post a Comment